Technical expertise of TaraTari Shipyard
The shipyard gathers people who have already proven themselves in the shipbuilding field and who combine their skills and efforts to build adequate boats according to different needs.
Validated by international classification society regarding quality standards in the fibre glass boat manufacturing process we develop safe and reliable solutions for Bangladesh and other countries subject to water constraints.
For instance, TaraTari has manufactured in the last few years:
- 2 units of Riverine Ambulance for Friendship NGO; ambulance catamaran for medical emergencies in the north Bangladesh and relief post cyclones programs in the south Bangladesh
- 3 units of Mandoris for Crucell Friendship; shuttle boat for medical staff in operation within the chars area in the north of Bangladesh
- 25 units of Masdoris for FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation); fibre glass un-sinkable fishing boat for the fishermen of south Bangladesh
- 6 units of Masdoris for Friendship NGO Initiative; fibre glass un-sinkable fishing boat for the fishermen of south Bangladesh
- 1 Floating Hospital, Lifebuoy Friendship Hospital (LFH); French steel river barge given to Friendship, refitted into a floating hospital unit for isolated people of the north of Bangladesh
- 1 Floating Hospital, Emirates Friendship Hospital (EFH); steel catamaran Hospital built for Friendship for isolated people of the north of Bangladesh
Taratari is a leader in the development of fibre composite applied for ship building in Bangladesh.
This technology is beneficial in many aspects, such as strength of the structure, increased lifetime of boats, increased performances, improved safety, easy and efficient maintenance etc…
Our vocation in developing Composite Shipbuilding is also to transfer our knowledge for the good application of this technology to local population, to ensure good manufacturing practice and future maintenance of such boats.
Fibre composite shipbuilding improvements
- Increased Safety (un-sinkable with buoyancy reserves)
- Increased Range capability (faster)
- Increased Strength (fibre composite strength)
- Increased Lifetime of boat (Fibre use)
- Increased Loading Capacity (larger or equal carriage capacity)
Despite the cost being 10 times greater for the production of a fibre composite boat compared to the used wooden types, it is proved that it is a viable solution regarding to a lifetime scale of 20 years, the expectancy of a fibre composite boat. All its technical and safety advantages having been mentioned there is also a scope for long term finance plan in the case of a personal investment from individuals.