Champan type boat:
TaraTari inspired itself from proportions and elegance of traditional Champan wooden boat to build its fiberglass version. Currently one type is built but regarding its potential, a complete range is under conception, with the help of A. K. Khan.
Aiming at carrying passengers, it can be equipped with outboard engines to make it as fast as a speed boat.
- Length = 6.9m
- Beam = 2.0m
- Draught = 0.3m
Basic Version characteristics:
- Engine: diesel china 8hp – 1.5 to 2.5 litres/hour
- Speed (lightweight) : 5.8 knots
- Speed (18 people load): 5.5 knots
- Lightweight: 500kg
- Full displacement (prediction): 2.0-2.5 tons
2 position rigging (under developments):
- Single main sail
- Double sail (main+genaker)
Single Sail use speed (light wind conditions) : 4.5 knots